When working with jewellery or out to buy a piece that would shine and glitter to get noticed by everyone in the gathering then the quality of crystals in your selected piece of jewellery plays the decisive role. The most popular and exotic crystals in jewellery use today are considered to be the Swarovski Crystals. This article would deliver some interesting information on Swarovski Crystals and why they are considered great for jewellery. First, we should have a quick glimpse at the history of Swarovski Crystals.
Swarovski Crystals are crafted by a family owned business of glass cutters since 1892 (for 5 generations). The Swarovski family was the first to use electric cutting machines in crystal crafting with increased precision. Today Swarovski employs 25,000 workers and undoubtedly leads the crystal manufacturing industry. Swarovski crafts and manufactures classy crystals for designers, retail and jewellery business apart from maintaining its own line of Swarovski products.
Swarovski Crystals are simply beautiful diamonds within everyone’s reach!
Why are Swarovski Crystals great for Jewelry?
Here are some interesting facts that make Swarovski Crystals a material of choice for all jewellery artists, designers and craftsmen:
- The Swarovski man made crystals are crafted from the choicest of materials (sand, minerals and quartz). The exact composition of formulation is a closely guarded commercial secret.
- Swarovski employs latest in crystal cutting technology to ensure most delicate of the crystals with the top of the line finish (perfect for ornamental and jewellery use).
- Swarovski Crystals are available in a wide range of colors, sizes, colors, styles and finishes to suit the demands of an individual jewellery crafter or artist.
- Swarovski Crystals are perfect for use in crafting statement jewellery.
- But they are slightly more expensive than some other bead selections, and they may not be appropriate for children to work with, or for beginner jeweler. These crystals are also very good in making statement jewellery.
- Swarovski is renowned worldwide for the manufacturing their crystal products in different forms, sizes and shapes, presenting the best in the world in cutting, clarity, and brilliance.
- Swarovski Crystals are more expensive than their competitors, however, the quality of chemical coating on their crystals ensure a long lasting glitter and color that is so vital for eye catching jewellery of high quality.
- Swarovski employs latest computer controlled technology in crystal cutting to ensure seamless and extremely precise cutting of crystals for optimum quality. Such crystals glitter and shine way more than lesser quality crystals (though they may be priced at bit higher than ordinary low quality crystals)
- Swarovski routinely delivers seasonal collection of crystals to meet the standards of seasonal fashion every year. These crystals are designed and manufactured to compliment the latest trends in fashion and shifting customer aesthetics with time. So you would never feel out of tune with latest fashion trends while wearing a jewellery piece adorned with Swarovski Crystals.
- Swarovski Crystals merge seamlessly with precious and semi precious stones, gold, silver or any other precious metal jewellery. That gives your creative freedom to use Swarovski Crystals in any type of custom jewellery for your choice.
Having said all of the above, these are just some of the reasons why I have elected to use these specific brand of crystal for making my jewellery. I try to follow the concept of crafting items with the highest quality materials at all times. I would like to say that Swarovski Crystals and their beautiful shimmering simply underline this fact. I truly hope that you will enjoy my products!